Wednesday, April 30, 2008

How marriage happens

SuperGirl was talking with her younger sister Missie-Moo today.
"You don't know how weddings work, so I'll explain it, ok?"
I eagerly leaned my head back to learn how my 5 year old will explain marriage.
"Well, you have a man and a beautiful girl. And they dance. And everybody watches them. And that's being married."
And you know what, my kids a genius. Because when I sit back and think about it--she's absolutely right.
Jeep, thanks for being a great dance partner. Patient when I step on your toes, yet always up for disco, waltz and the oh-so-fun tango!

5 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

heehee. I love the way kids think!

Amy said...

I think the tango may have gotten you into the "state" you are in....

Brambleberry said...

What a sweet thought!

Nadine said...

A child's mind is so precious.

Rhonda said...

The beautiful 'dance' of marriage. Love it!