Monday, May 10, 2010

I was wrong to have Reservations about No Reservations

Remember that rant a long time ago? way back in the day when two people read my blog--Aunt Rosie and my mom (click here)
The one where I was mad that they had taken my favourite film and turned it into an American version of cheese, cheese and more cheese.

Well, I watched it recently.
And I wanted to go one record saying, "I was wrong."
They didn't destroy the film. The original is still much better, but I would watch the new version again.


(What? I can admit when I'm wrong.)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hmmm, I haven't seen either, but my curiosity is piqued. I shall have to see if I can get them on Netflix. :) Thanks for the recommendations.

I feel the same way about the BBC's Pride & Prejudice. I love it, I think it's the best, and I was heartily disappointed in the recent remake Hollywood did with Kiera Knightly. ;p It absolutely did NOT compare.

But that's just my Jane Austen purism shining through. ;)